Thursday 28 August 2008

Shaggers (The Return) *****

They say it's never as good as your first time.

And it wasn't. But it wasn't far off.

The excellent Nik Coppen was compere for the evening at the last Shaggers of 2008, he was followed by Dan Willis whom I'd also seen earlier on in the evening but they didn't repeat much of what they had said earlier on, and I'd had a few more beers down me by this point so I continued to enjoy their wonderful sense of humour.

Unfortunately, like a lothario in a taxi home, I can't remember the name of the other two acts. They were both decent and got enough laughs, but Dan and Nik were the real stars of the show.

I really can't speak highly enough of the format of the show, which they are now going to take on to other comedy festivals throughout the world.

Three comedians in a room talking about sex, in a crowded bar late at night is a guaranteed winner and I hope someone eventually makes a bit of money out of it!

Shaggers will hopefully be back next year!

5/5

No comments: